Tuesday 18 March 2008

Still no sign of Spring

It's supposed to be getting close to Spring - but what on earth is the matter with this weather? After the earthquake came the almost-hurricane thing that threatened to bend my garden in two last week!

That said, I've been out doing my bit - there's no shortage of jobs that need doing!

I've put in my carrots this weekend and even found time to pick a nice bunch of daffs for the Long Suffering - I've also got some crocus growing in the lawn and I'll wait until they produce some seed before cutting that area of grass. I also pruned the roses on Saturday so they're looking all spick and span -cutting out the old branches as close to ground level as possible.

Some of my fruit trees looked a bit hungry too - so I gave them a dash of high potash feed. Then I did a bit more work on the lawn and repaired a couple of damaged areas by loosening the soil and sowing some seed. I then covered the patch with a bit of polythene tapped down with a couple of pegs.

So, I suppose that they're all spring-ish jobs - but I want that sun on my back please!

No comments: