Saturday 1 September 2007

Grrrr!!

I've had flood.

I've had slugs.

All I need now is pestilence and a plague and I think I've had the lot!

The latest irritant for me is the blessed cat from next door. Now, I'm not a great lover I have to admit, I'd much rather have my dog to walk with me rather than some mincing feline. But whilst I might not like cats - they seem to have an attraction to me! More to the point it will persist in using my garden as its litter tray.

Now, the experts will tell you that there are not too many effective ways of deal with this problem. One old local boy who used to suffer terribly tells me that vinegar is a cheap and effective way of scaring the cats because they hate the smell.

So, I tried it this morning - and it worked a treat.

I spotted the cat, crept up behind it - and stotted the beggar with the empty vinegar bottle.

I suspect it could be some time before it returns!

No comments: