Thursday 3 January 2008

Not my favourite time of year!

I don't mind admitting it!

The Long Suffering gets on her high horse and tells me I've tucked into too much turkey and pud - and she then sticks me on one of these diet things. The belssed woman doesn't understand though. A shed is not just for keeping my tools in - I've got a nice cool store of pork pies and hobnobs in there that help keep the cold away.

So I've had reason enough to go down the garden - but I look at my lawn and sometimes wonder will it ever be back to its beautiful best?

That's why I always put a bit of time into the lawn.

I mow it frequently - that used to be just in the summer but now, of course, it grows at a rate of knots, meaning the old mower is out of hibernation earlier than ever. And whilst it will benefit from regular cutting, helping the growth of shoots it also takes a fair bit of goodness out. So, I always follow a good cut with a good feed.

And that means me as well as the old grass!

No comments: