Sunday 29 July 2007

Quiet satisfaction!

There's nowt like a feeling of quiet satisfaction is there?

So, the Show is over. And whilst normally I'm not given to boasting - I have to say that I had a pretty good day. I managed to pick up four first prizes and a second (harsh, in my view) and pipped Pete the Plumber and Ron to collect the shield for top overall marks.

I was most pleased with my potatoes - they picked up a first and I really thought my old mucker Ron might have the beating of me there. But no - the judges obvioulsy know class when they see it! And my beetroots? "Classic" said the judges!
My tomatoes were also show winners - as were my onions. And, in fact the only blotch on the day was only picking up a second with my cucumbers - and I'll go to my grave believing that to be a travesty! - and I got nowt for my celery, but I'm not bothered about that.

So, it was a pleasing afternon and I won the raffle to boot - four 75g packets of flippin' Rootgrow which I'd donated!! The Long Suffering also did well with her Bakewell Tart picking up a first prize, together with some knitted thing and a photo of a balloon!

So, last night we sat in front of the fire (yes, I know - in July!!) and watched Casualty with a plate of Bakewell Tart and a bottle of Speckled Hen.

Bliss!

No comments: