Sunday 22 July 2007

Where's Noah when you need him?

I don't know about you but it hasn't escaped my attention that the weather has been a tad on the damp side of late. I've been more than occupied trying to limit the damage to my pride and joy - but there are times when I've been almost driven to despair.

It's not just the hours and hours of work that is draining away before our eyes, it's the long term damage to some beautiful and well-established gardens that upsets me. More to the point, it's our local Summer Show this weekend and the way things are going I'll be entering stuff in the water features section!

The Long Suffering remains convinced it's all part of Tony Blair's legacy to the country - and she has a point. It's rained every flippin' day since Gordon Brown took his place at the helm!

But to be fair to the boy he has got his numpties at the Environment Agency to provide some practical advice to help alleviate flood damage in gardens.

Which is fair enough - but its tipping it down again and I can't even get into the garden to start alleviating!

Now, where did I put my Ark?

No comments: