Tuesday 24 July 2007

Sometimes I wonder what the world is coming too

Now, if you're like me, you'll be a simple, uncomplicated kind of person. You'll know what you want, what you like, what you don't like and what gets up your goat.


And what gets up my goat is when people try to make out that gardening is the new Middle Class black!

All you need to make your mark in this world as a gardener is a small piece of land, a spade, a sturdy back and, at the risk of upsetting a few people, a good lady to bring out the odd cup of tea and piece of cake.


Well I suppose there is one more thing us chaps like - and that's a shed. Now the shed ain't just for the old tins of paint, Maxwell House Coffee jars full of screws and the gardening gear - it's also a bit of a sanctuary. I quite often retire to my shed when the Long Suffering starts to give me grief about something I should (or shouldn't) have done.


Now I accept that, like the motor car, the shed is very bloke oriented. But unlike the motor car, us chaps don't spend hours and hours discussing the make, model, size, colour and spec. of our shed. Our shed is .. well it's just a shed isn't it?


Isn't it?


And it's certainly not top of my list to think about buying another one when I'm doing the old gardening budget - my shed will remain where it is until it falls to bits!


So what on earth would possess somebody to so love a shed so much they'd spend upwards of £10,000 on the flippin' thing? Well if you believe what these chaps have done you'll believe anything.


£10,000 on a shed!!


Give me strength!


Listen - if you've got £10,000 to spare, my advice is to pop down to your local DIY store and save yourself £9,900 - and buy yourself a small Eastern European country instead.


Silly beggars!

1 comment:

Disgruntled said...

I rather like them, just wish I had a large Garden for a shed, only have a yard that I put some decking down in. Do you have any suggestions for a hideaway in a small space?